How about we start July with tree-nut-free macarons for my friend Shulie? Please check her ongoing series on these special treats for those who have tree-nut allergies. Mardi inspired this batch when she made macarons with cacao nibs! How awesome is that? Before you head out to their sites, below is the recipe. I find Nuts Online’s peanut flour excellent for macaron-making: super-fine and drier than Bob’s Red Mill almond meal. And you know I love Bob’s.
I am absolutely enjoying measuring ingredients by weight!
- 3 ounces [85 g] peanut flour
- 3.5 ounces [99 g] confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 ounces [71 g] egg whites [from 2 eggs]
- 2 ounces [57 g] granulated sugar
- cacao nibs for sprinkling
- Same as usual and feel free to use fresh egg whites.
- Happy baking!